Love Shopping?

Love Shopping?
You can shop now at Haute District. Click on the Shopping link.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sheer is in the Air!


I truly love this guy! I mean... he always never ceases to amaze me.

From dressing Michelle Obama to one strong collection after the next, Jason Wu is 'da man'!

I'm talking about his Spring/Summer 2011 collection (shown throughout this post) that showed in New York this month. The pieces were so sweet you could get a toothache just looking at them and his use of soft sheer fabric was truly master-class.


While the models wore nothing but skin underneath those confections of blouses, we'd have to bring out our lacey camisoles to wear them. But I really don't mind. I've always had this fascination for layering sheer and lacy inside-wear. And am beside myself to see that next season's love for the sheer will indeed make me scour my closet for all those transparent blouses I shamefully hid.


A little tip about layering underneath sheer blouses - there is NONE! Anything goes, really. For office, you can wear nude/skin coloured camis and for any other occasion, you can wear just about anything from sexy lacey ones to even racer-back t-shirts. YES, t-shirts underneath soft sheer blouses. Totally revolutionary, isn't it? You've just got to try it, I tell ya.

Take a look at the Renee Blouse from the Catherine D. collection below. A sheer blouse in synch with Jason's next season's vision. Click on the picture to shop it. If sheer is in the air, you'd be the fashionable few who wants to catch that cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment