Love Shopping?

Love Shopping?
You can shop now at Haute District. Click on the Shopping link.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Prints Please







Okay, so I'm really excited about blogging now. You notice that this is my 3rd post of the day, so bear with me.

Let's talk about prints. Come on, you people! Prints were everywhere on the runway from New York to Paris to London (especially London!!).

I find that here in Kuala Lumpur, there are alot of sceptics when it comes to prints. Too bright? Too colourful? Too loud? Too much?!!

Naw. It isn't too much. It's art.... art! If you look at the big designers, you'll notice that now with a modern cut of the dress, these prints really make a statement - and a chic one that is. (pictures provided from my fave print designers)

I myself have designed some printed dresses. Check out my chic collection at Mori Pin Boutique in Bangsar Village II and Monizal Boutique at Amcorp Mall, PJ. These pieces are one of a kind and in super cool shades and fabrics.

The real way to wear prints are:

1) Wear simple accessories or none at all if you're wearing prints to work. However if you're wearing prints for a party or clubbing, then, a chunky pair of earrings or layers of cuffs mixed with bangles on the wrist will make you look hip. (Although, try not to load on the accessories all at once. Think less is more)

2) If the prints are an overall dark shade, then you could wear a darker shade of stockings or tights for dinner/clubbing.

3) Short printed dresses will make you look young and chic (my dresses are mostly at or above the knee)


Lastly, prints are supposed to be colourful, so embrace colours. After all, are you waiting until you are almost near your grave to wear prints? Pleeeeease, now's the time and you know it. Wear prints with an attitude. Believe me, you will have people following your sense of style.






No comments:

Post a Comment