Love Shopping?

Love Shopping?
You can shop now at Haute District. Click on the Shopping link.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Street Prints







Second day of blogging. This is just great stuff. I was so excited about my new blogsite yesterday, that was all I could think about all day!

Anyways, I'd like to share with you how prints get translated from runway to the street. Enjoy these pictures. To note, prints are great for both day and night wear. You'll just have to wear the sexy ones ala short mini, body-con dresses for night and every other variation for day/night.

Accessories are a must and again, in my last post I said that you really need to chunk it up for night but keep it simple for day/work.

You see, the thing about accessories is you might get bored of them really fast and some accessories are so in-trend that they go out of style before you get to wear them the 2nd or 3rd time around. So, my advice is:

1) If you must spend on branded or expensive accessories, then make sure they are timeless in design so that you get to wear them often and even from work to evening. Semi high-end jewellery will work great such as Monet and Liz Clairborn from department stores like Isetan and Metrojaya.

2) But if you want accessories that are on-trend, then its best to buy ones that don't cost you an arm and a leg but will give you the 'bam!' factor. I'd suggest browsing around places like Amcorp Mall, PJ (especially the one shop on the 1st floor, a few doors from Watsons). They have stuff that are really trendy, tasteful but affordable. Believe me, I have sooooo many pieces from them that I have already filled up my 3rd box!

3) Another tip though if you have that creative wand in your head is: create your own accessories from the old ones you already have. It makes a great weekend project when you're about to pull out your hair from boredom. I once dismantled a diamante rose from an old necklace and sewed 2 black chiffon strips of cloth to both ends so I can tie it around my neck. Turned out to be a pretty funky chocker and best of all, it looked quite expensive. Try it!












No comments:

Post a Comment